Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekly Blog Post: Pete Montana Splatt Cont'd

Pete Montana Splatt CONT'D
I quickly pulled out my cell phone,
and dialed liked I’ve never dialed before.
My heart was pounding so hard that it hurted.
The phone rang and I’ll never forget the pure excitement that was coursing  through my veins.
I was the twelfth caller.
I ran upstairs to awaken my sleeping beauty and tell her the news.
Her eyes lit up, but this time not with hate; with love.
We slept in same bed that night, and in the morning we were off to go climbing.
When we first started it wasn’t as nerve wracking as I thought it would be,
but as we got higher and higher my fear grew higher and higher.
Then in one split second, I misstepped and my worst nightmare became real.
I came tumbling down that mountain, banging into the ruggedly sharp edges,
until I reached the bottom with a violent and terminating SPLAT!
I hope she’s happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment